Mold is a fungus that grows in damp areas and can often go unnoticed until it becomes a severe problem. Not all molds are toxic, but some produce harmful mycotoxins that can cause adverse health effects. In this blog, we’ll explore how mold grows, what it needs to thrive, and provide tips on how to keep your home mold-free.
How does mold grow?
Mold grows from tiny spores that float in the air. When these spores land on a damp surface, they grow into molds.
Molds require three things to grow: food source, temperature, and water! They also require an environment with a temperature that they can survive in. Most molds cannot grow below 40° F. Mold can grow on various surfaces, including wood, paper products, cardboard, ceiling tiles, paints, wallpaper, insulation, drywall, and carpet.
While some molds are harmless, others can produce mycotoxins with adverse health effects. Exposure to mold spores, fragments, mVCOs, and endotoxins can cause respiratory problems, allergic reactions, and neurological issues.
Mold exposure can cause a range of health issues, including:
Toxic mold exposure is also connected to more serious, long-term effects like insomnia, depression, and anxiety.
Tips on how to keep your home mold-free:
1. Reduce moisture levels by fixing leaks and improving ventilation in bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms.
2. Use a HEPA vacuum and air filter to remove mold spores and other allergens from the air.
3. Use tests like ERMI, air sampling, and swabs to detect mold growth early.
4. If mold is detected, use proper mitigation and remediation techniques to ensure complete removal.
5. Choose a qualified mold inspector and remediation professional who follows industry standards.
6. Be cautious of Petri dishes as they are not always accurate for mold testing.
7. Avoid using bleach as it can worsen the problem, and the EPA recommends against it.
9. Use CellCore binders to support mold detoxification.
10. Support your liver and kidneys with supplements and a healthy diet during mold detox.
In conclusion, mold can be a severe problem with adverse health effects. You can keep your home mold-free by understanding how mold grows, what it needs to thrive, and implementing proper mitigation and remediation techniques. Use natural cleaning products like EC3, support your body during mold detox with supplements and a healthy diet, and consider using an infrared sauna or Ioncleanse foot bath to support the process further. With these tips, you can ensure a safe and healthy home for you and your family.
At Nutritional Wellness Center, we help clients struggling with mold-related symptoms!
For more information, call or text 607-277-1964 or email us at [email protected]